Quiksilver California Getaway Sweepstakes 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
- Sweepstakes Period: Quiksilver California Getaway Sweepstakes 2021 (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 5, 2022 and ends at 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 15, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems, and Sponsor may also rely on the time processing functions of third parties. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter for free by clicking on the Sweepstakes ad on the Facebook or Instagram platforms and completing the entry form with your name, state of residence, and email address and hitting “submit” on the form (“Entry”).
Upon completing the step(s) listed above you will automatically receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one Entry per person, per social media account. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one entry will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been directly submitted by the authorized account holder of the email used to enter. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to the account by the relevant entity responsible for assigning those accounts. Entrants must comply with all Policies and Terms and Conditions for use of the Facebook and/or Instagram Platform.
- Winner Selection/Odds of Winning: The winner of this Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor or its designee, on or about August 16, 2022 based on eligible entries submitted. Odds of winning a prize is dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification: Potential winner will be notified by email or direct message on the Social Network on or around August 16, 2022. Potential winner must respond to the notification message and provide all requested information within two days of the first contact or attempted contact from Sponsor or the potential prize may be forfeited. To claim any prize, Sponsor will require winner to respond to the notification message, complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number and may need to be notarized, before claiming and prize. All required documents must be completed and returned to Sponsor within two (2) days of the date and time listed on the documents. At Sponsor’s discretion, winner(s) may be required to produce some other form of proper identification to confirm identity and claim any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return any required forms, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may select an alternate winner via random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
- Prize(s) and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): There will be one (1) winner chosen in accordance with these Rules (“Winner”) who will receive one (1) prize package consisting of the following items for the Winner and one guest (“Companion”):
- Airfare: The Winner will receive two (2) round trip coach tickets to Los Angeles, California (flying into LAX, SNA or LBX Airport, chosen by Sponsor and based on availability) from the US airport nearest to Winner’s place of residence and up to a maximum of $2,000 including all taxes and fees and booked by Sponsor and its agencies. Winner must travel in a period between September 1, 2022 and November 30, 2022 (“Travel Period”). Sponsor will work with Winner to find travel times and dates and the nearest airports that accommodate the Winner and these conditions. Winner may also elect to bring two surfboards on the trip up to a maximum of $199 in excess baggage fees to cover the surfboards. (Total ARV $2,199).
- Hotel: Winner will receive four days and three (3) nights’ accommodations in a double occupancy room for the Winner and their Companion at the Hotel Doheny Beach, a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton hotel located in Dana Point, California (“Hotel”) (ARV $2,000).
- Transportation: Winner will receive a Visa gift card to cover the costs for ride transportation to and from the Hotel and airport up to a maximum of $175 and inducing extra costs for surfboards, if any. (ARV $175).
- Quiksilver Merchandise: Winner will receive US$500 e-gift card to use toward merchandise currently available on Quiksilver.com, as selected by Winner.
- All redeemable gift cards are subject to additional terms and conditions, have no cash value, and may have certain exclusions or expiration dates. See gift card terms and conditions for all details and any restrictions.
- All food, beverages, add-ons, hotel services, activities and other transportation are excluded from the Prize. See Travel Prize details and conditions below.
- The total approximate retail value of the total prize awarded under this Sweepstakes is: USD $4,875 All prizes are “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied.
- Companion: Winner’s Companion must be 21 years of age or older. No exceptions. Winner and their Companion will be responsible for all travel documents and identification acceptable to airlines, security and governmental agencies, as well as any testing or vaccines required by the airline, Hotel, or the state of California. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of their Prize with no Companion, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Prize for Companion will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
No substitution, redemption for cash, return, refund, exchange or transfer of prizes will be made or is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The ecommerce gift card part of the Prize will be emailed by Sponsor to the Winner. The risk of loss and title for the prize passes to Winner at the delivery point to the Winner.
Travel Prize Conditions:
- Prize is valid for redemption during the Travel Period only and will be dependent on accommodation and flight availability. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply including school holidays and public holiday periods.
- Winner and their Companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s home and the airport of departure are included and form part of the Prize, however all other transportation costs are the responsibility of the Winner. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
- Flights are subject to the fare rules and General Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos and availability at the time of booking. The Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights for any reason including but not limited to COVID or other health or personal reasons, and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner is responsible for the payment of any applicable airline excess baggage fees or other fees, taxes and surcharges, except in the case of surfboard baggage fees, if applicable, for two surfboards and up to $175. The Winner and their Companion will not be entitled to accrue frequent flyer points on the travel or accommodation. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The ARV for travel prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select the Hotel in its sole discretion. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. The Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules.
- In the event that the Winner is unable to travel during the stipulated period then they forfeit the entire prize with no further compensation or further liability of the Sponsor.
- Any additions, upgrades or extension to the duration of the Prize is at the Winner’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. Once flights and accommodation are booked, dates may not be amended.
- In the event the Winner’s residence is close enough to the destination such that air transportation is deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unnecessary, the applicable prize will not include air transportation from Winner’s residence and no other substitution or compensation will be provided in lieu thereof.
- Unless otherwise specified all other expenses are the responsibility of the Winner (and their Companion) including but not limited to meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, passports, activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner at time of accommodation check-in to cover incidental charges.
- General Terms: The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and void where prohibited. Decisions of Sponsor on all matters are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes and to disqualify any entrant for any reason, in its sole discretion, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winners from among the eligible entries received. Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, including but not limited to, technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Releases: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold the Sweepstakes Entities from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of, or relating to, your participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities (including, without limitation, use and purchase of products, etc.) and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder (including, without limitation, any non-compliance by you with these Official Rules; acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any malfunction, error or other problem arising in connection with the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any winner). The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claim for personal injury, property loss or damage, or death arising in any way in connection with the Sweepstakes or use of the Prize.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
- Winner List: You may obtain the results and the Winner’s name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Legal Department, ATTN Quiksilver California Getaway 2022 Sweepstakes, 5600 Argosy Ave., #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, USA, with a written request by December 31, 2022.
- Third Party Platforms: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram (collectively, the “Social Network”). By participating, you (and your parent/guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) release the Social Network and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize.
Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Boardriders Wholesale, LLC, having an address of 5600 Argosy Ave., #100, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. www.boardriders.com and www.quiksilver.com. Boardriders, the Boardriders Logo, Quiksilver and the Quiksilver Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sponsor in the USA and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at: email@example.com.